Thursday 18 February 2016

Home sweet home

On Sunday I travelled from Stavanger to Bergen. Usually when I'm going home to my family and friends I travel by air, but this time I decided to travel by bus. I started the trip at 9am. Two ferry trips and five and a half hours later I arrived in Bergen. The entire bus trip was sunny, so I took a few pictures and videos which I posted on my Snapchat. The quality isn't the best, but it gives you an idea of how my my view was. 

My sister and her fiancé picked me up in the city, and then we drove to the village where my parents live. This Sunday was not only Valentines Day, it was also Mother's Day in Norway. Everyone in my family knew I was coming home on the 14th, except for my mom. So when we arrived at my parents house I just walked in the front door with Cindy (my sisters dog) on a leash, not saying a word until my mom saw me. I wasn't expecting her to react that much, but you should've seen the look on her face! I'm literally still laughing about it every time it crosses my mind, haha. Priceless! Definitely made the bus ride worth it. After the shock had settled she seemed really happy about me being there, and we had a lovely day celebrating my mother. It was nice being able to take part in a Sunday dinner with the family for once since I don't have the chance that often.

In case you're interested in how my mom's reaction looked like when she saw me, it was something like this: https://twitter.com/krissyguurl/status/699016493745500160

2 comments: